348 3rd Street West
Plans to construct the temple were announced 27 June 1913, Church leaders dedicated the site 27 July 1913 and broke ground 9 November 1913, and Heber J. Grant, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1918 to 1945, dedicated the Cardston Alberta Temple 26 August 1923. The temple has been remodeled twice, with the final rededication given by President Gordon B. Hinckley, then a counselor in the First Presidency.
The temple serves Latter-day Saints in central and southern Alberta, southeastern British Columbia and northern Montana.
The exterior of the 81,700-square-foot temple is white granite quarried near Kootenai Lakes in Nelson, B.C.
Currently, there are 31 temples in various stages of construction, renovation or recently announced throughout the world.
Visit MormonTemples.org for additional information.